Monday, May 3, 2010

Music Monday 24 - Created to Create

One of my very good friends, Luke, just released an EP last week. As I listened to the EP I was blown away by the music he had written, performed and recorded. The EP is his creation, from beginning to end. Obviously Luke had help and people who participated in the project, but he created it.

I’m not very musically inclined. I have no idea how to create anything musical. I wouldn’t even know where to begin with writing a song or creating a piece of music. My musical inability isn’t a new reality, it is just brought into starker contrast as I listen to something created by a friend I’ve known since high school.

Humans have been created in the image of God and God is a creator. It only makes sense that we should create; music is a great expression of that creativity. I envy those who can create music; I wish I could create something as powerful and beautiful as music. However, even if we’re not musically inclined, we have still been created to create, whether that’s with words, images, thoughts or ideas.

Download Luke’s EP here.

No comments:

Post a Comment