Friday, September 10, 2010

Freeform Friday 15 - Diary of a Fat Kid, Part 02

A couple months ago I posted my first Diary of a Fat Kid to track my weight loss. At that point I weighed 178.5 pounds and for the next three months I hovered around virtually the same weight. In fact, three months later, I weighed in at 177.0 pounds. I was probably less committed and less focused on losing weight from April to July than I had been, but in the midst of preparing for a wedding and beginning summer programming at church, losing 1.5 pounds wasn’t too bad. After July 16, though, in about six weeks, this happened.


Over the course of a month and a half, when I wasn’t counting calories, weighing myself or putting much effort into working out, I gained 15 pounds. Most of those six weeks were spent away from home: camping, Vegas, wedding and an all-inclusive honeymoon. To be honest things could have been a lot worse. It is still a little upsetting, though, that over three months I was able to maintain my weight loss but in half that time I completely obliterated it.

Now that I’m back home and no longer going on vacation or staying at a resort that will give me all the dessert I want, my weight loss program is starting to get back on track. This whole week I have been counting calories and spending time on the treadmill and the Wii Fit. It’s my hope that I can get back to where I was over the next 6 weeks, and then continue onto my ultimate goal. I’ve had a lot of friends tell me that they lost weight for their wedding and then put it all back on. I figure at this point, I gained weight for my wedding, and should try to lose it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment