Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Topical Tuesday 20 - Financial Peace Update

My 13 weeks of Financial Peace University are getting close to wrapping up. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in the class and the lessons I’ve learned from Dave Ramsey. I was telling a friend that before I started FPU I would always hear people preface statements about money by saying “Dave Ramsey says…” I would always wonder about the Kool-Aid these people had drunk and why they were such passionate disciples of Dave Ramsey. Now, after my time in FPU, I have drunk the Kool-Aid; I often find myself saying “Dave Ramsey says…,” trying to get people to believe in the principles that have changed my financial life.

I’m still a long way off from where I would like to be. However, I am making smarter decisions about my money and I’ve been able to save more than I ever have before. Pictured below you can see the status of my savings accounts.


And below you can see where I was at almost three months ago.


That’s a difference of $1,448.15. Knowing where I was, that’s a huge number for me, yet I know I’m still a long way off. However, it does feels good to have a plan in place and a goal in mind. I’m also very thankful that I’m armed with Dave Ramsey’s principles before getting married; I know that having a clear financial plan and sticking to it will make my marriage a lot stronger.

If you have any questions about the steps I’ve taken or the plan I’m on, please let me know. I’ve got to warn you, though, I’ll probably start out any answer with, “Dave Ramsey says…”

No comments:

Post a Comment